Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My To Make List

My "I really need to make this!" list is so long that I couldn't even begin to list it here. You would get very, very bored.

And then you'd leave and miss out on these delectable recipes!

So here's my "to make" list for the immediate future.

- Olga at Mango And Tomato's mediterranean vegetables and poached egg breakfast. Steve saw the picture as I was scrolling through Google Reader and made me stop so he could drool over the photo. I think this is in my REALLY immediate future if he has anything to do with it. What's not to love about potatoes with veggies and a poached egg?

(Lovely photo by Olga on Mango and Tomato)

In my opinion, poached eggs make everything better.

- My Baking Addiction's cheesecake. I can NOT wait to try this. I've never tried making a cheesecake in a water bath, so this should be an interesting endeavour. Hopefully it doesn't end with water all over the kitchen floor. But now I'm really craving cheesecake. Right this second.

- These cupcakes. An older recipe (from a 2008 post from Meet Me in the Kitchen) Really - cupcakes of any kind. I've been muttering and tweeting about how much I want cupcakes for the last week now, so it's time to do something about it. I listed that recipe, but I'm open to suggestions.

But those nutella ones need to be made immediately.

And then I will eat them all.

Except not. This whole "being healthy" and "avoiding sugar" kinda sucks.

- Last thing on the list is this:


Yep. Coq au Vin. I found a recipe in a Williams-Sonoma cookbook we got for the wedding and that's the next thing to come out of the dutch oven. Yummm....rooster (or chicken, whichever is easier to find).

We won't actually cook the rooster that ran around the resort grounds while we were on our honeymoon, even though Steve threatened to do it on more than one occasion.

What's on your to make list?

1 comment:

  1. I can't even give you my 'to make' list... I have no idea what's on it. :) Everything. I should start one though because anytime I'm needing something new to make I wish I had remembered the last thing I'd said, "wow I should make this" about. sigh.

    But you're right- the poached egg and vegg dish looks just about perfect. I'd make it in the fall with a cozy pair of socks on and a girlie movie on the tele. :)

    ReplyDelete