Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hello old friend

So...I took a blogging break. Not intentionally, but it just kind of slipped to the bottom of my to-do list. Work took over and things got a little busy and we had family in town and I had a really awful cold...but I'm back! And rarin' to go. Coming up this week: dark chocolate peanut butter cup cookies for the DC State Fair bake sale and a chocolate cake for a visiting friend.

Here's a peek at what I've been up to over the last couple months.

My dad visited for a few days and created the beer suicide - a couple ounces of everything on tap. The orange slice for the Blue Moon mixed with the Guinness...I shudder.

I made dark chocolate brownies at a friend's request, and he gave me the most sincere, genuine hug ever.

Open-face egg sandwich with frisee, tomato, bacon and a sprinkle of parmesan. LOVE breakfast for dinner. It's been a favorite in our dinner rotation.

My dad and I tried Paul, and the pain au chocolat was fantastic. I was transported back to Paris (when Steve ate pain au chocolat at least twice a day every day we were there). My dad liked it so much he went back two more times during his visit.

Vanilla cupcakes filled with Merry Gourmet's lemon curd and topped with cream cheese frosting. Frosting turned out a bit thick, but the cupcakes disappeared quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment