Sunday, April 22, 2012

Ooey, gooey banana bread

I have a love/hate relationship with bananas. I'm in the category of people that can only eat still slightly ripe bananas - once they pass that point, where they lose that greenish tinge at the top, they're dead to me. Can't stand how they get mushy. Starts reminding me of baby food.

So how to deal with those bananas that have gone too far? Banana bread, of course.

 (First piece kind of fell apart. But see the gooey middle? So delicious. Best with cold glass of milk.)

I used this Martha Stewart recipe because I had sour cream I needed to use up, and it turned out great! My bread turned out a little gooey on the inside (thankfully not baby food consistency), but that's likely because I ended up using a smaller bread pan. If you don't want slightly gooey-in-the-middle bread, I would recommend using a standard bread pan.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment