Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My obsession with squash continues...

Yup. I'm Carrie and I'm obsessed with fall squashes.

We had butternut AND acorn squash last week. And we had it again Monday night.

I just can't say no.

There was a tiny mishap with a butternut squash recipe back in college and since then I've been hesitant to do much with the fall vegetable. (It involved soup that should have used butternut squash as the base...but I couldn't find any so I used pumpkin. Such. A. Bad. Idea. One of my college roommates was wonderful and choked back a couple spoonfuls before she threw in the towel. Tasted like baby food.)

But that's neither here nor there.

For this round, we (and by we I mean Steve) chopped a white onion into wedges. I peeled the squash and cubed it, and then Steve tossed the veggies with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and herbs d' provence.

It was a team effort.


Side note: Butternut squashes are HUGE. Enormous. I tried to talk Steve into saving half for another dinner later this week, but he wouldn't hear it.



Yummy. All ready to go in the oven. We used red onion last time, and after trying both, I definitely prefer the red. Not quite so strong.

We roasted chicken quarters with it and they came out PERFECTLY. Steve has to handle that stuff though...I can't deal with bones. It grosses me out.

I don't care if that makes me a bad foodie. Just can't do it!


This is known as the "Good Lord I know I've said this a dozen times but I REALLY need to get a new camera" photo. Can't keep using the Bold for food pictures anymore.

Anyone have a good squash recipe I should try before I OD on them?

No comments:

Post a Comment